Monday, August 11, 2008

Exhorting..!!

When I look into your eyes
I can see your unsought sacrifice
your defunct truth wrapped in a lie
your paralyzed life willing to die

your love was a your mistake
a sin that society didn't accept
your parents prejudiced by caste
now give up on a relation that can't last

When I look into your eyes
I see my friend living in a disguise
you made a decision, you chose parents
you lost a right to conceive his torments

your sacrificed love for those 270 days
when your mother survived a cruel death
get up and face the reality once again
forget the past and live your present

When I will look into your eyes
I don't want to see any malice
if you fall down, don't mourn
raise your hand, feel the soul
close your eyes, utter my name
standing here will be your friend

[[ This is dedicated to one of my best friends..she is my colleague as well..I tried to keep it simple and practical..so it may not stand against my other creations..but it's close to my heart as well..!! ]]

2 comments:

Shruti said...

if you fall down, don't mourn
raise your hand, feel the soul
close your eyes, utter my name
standing here will be your friend


these were extremely touching!!
a different poem from ur side but equally fantastic and awesome...
I am sure ur friend would feel better after reading this!!

Sushant said...

Thanks a lot Shruti..as always appreciation from your end means a lot to me..I don't know why I wrote this..I do care for her..maybe more than a friend..but anyways thanks once again..god bless..!!