Friday, December 19, 2008

A Dead Request..!!

Ever since my birth I lived like a Gothic metaphor
world raped my letters, destiny ruined my words
never wished this life, never wanted any endeavor
but your love was there, a reason to last forever..

time witnessed the distances we walked together
our sorrows were jealous of felicities we shared
carnival of dreams in eyes, our love was immortal
mortal was trust, you left me in the arms of betrayal..

dimmed daylight, I saw you standing distant
dismaler night, I was expecting your answers
questions in my head, remained so unheard
silence on your lips, refusal of a single word

didn't hurt tears, carving a path on my face
didn't hurt grieves, eclipsing my irksome grace
but it hurt to see you by my side, numb and lifeless
but it hurt to see you smiling at my dying presence

inexorable your deeds, wished a death for you
virginal was my love, wished a remedy for you
you turned your back, but I was still waiting
poison didn't taste well while entering the coffin

difficult to give up on the petals of my memory
listen to a dead request, please come back to me
my dear love, close in, open my casket's door
touch my rusted body, penetrate my defunct soul
feed me in your breaths and mend my core
let me feel my rejected life, just once more
let me feel my rejected life, just once more

2 comments:

Shruti said...

I read thrice before commenting. I loved it. Nothing new about that.
It was painful..the emotions were expressed amazingly.

And what really made my heart heavy was this one stanza
didn't hurt tears, carving a path on my face
didn't hurt grieves, eclipsing my irksome grace
but it hurt to see you by my side, numb and lifeless
but it hurt to see you smiling at my dying presence


Take care

Sushant said...

Thanks a lot Shruti..wrote something dark after so many days and that felt so eternal..!!