Saturday, June 27, 2009

Confessions of a Goth..!!

Another gothic night and I lie awake in my grave
Living a death, so distant from the world of slaves
Crinkled roses are still crying on a dead cemetery
For a Goth, who never belonged to fucked up society

Since my birth I carried a burden of responsibilities
In a pursuance of expectations, I lost all of my felicities
There was no scope for failures, Success was mandatory
Great ranks, good job, high earning, where was real ME?

Real ME, it was lost in the crowd of ridiculous liars
Traitors that kicked me on my face for their survivals
I always ruined my tears for things never meant to be mine
Hunting handicapped in a race of money was my only crime

Friends were there to walk away..when I needed them
Weird selfishness flooded me with a torment of mayhem
Spent sleepless nights to understand meaning of betrayals
Their smile was my pain and my pain was their carnival

Thirst of emotions, Love was like an oasis in a desert land
I raised my hand to seize, but I was left with the ironic sand
I was a loser in a game of love, consented a series of failures
One fine day heart stopped pounding, I gave up on relations

Ups and downs, rise and falls, I couldn’t do anything in life
A common man, faced many deaths as he grew old with time
In miscellanea of society’s torturing rules, a real ME was lost
They called my act a suicide, but for me it was a death of Goth

A Goth kept me alive, asked me to breathe without a reason
A Goth wanted to color my life when rainbow turned crimson
A Goth always lived in disguise, never could find its purpose
A Goth kept faith in fate, but in the end his fate got dispersed

Every night I meditate a life that I forswore, with an ease
Grave silence is more soothing than my abandoned screams
Leastwise moon can see me, wind can here my gothic words
Forsaken in night’s embrace, I am free from saturnine curse
Gothic desires are still alive, I am living my life’s aftermath
With a blood of life, Death is writing confessions of a Goth..
With a blood of life, Death is writing confessions of a Goth..

2 comments:

Shruti said...

After a very long time I felt as if I was right there when you wrote it! I'm in a similar state of mind. Not similar... in fact the EXACT state of mind.

I had tears as I read along.

Take Care

Sushant said...

I always end you up in tears..sorry dear..but that's the way I am rather we are..but let the words of this poem be there where they are..and I hope your life will blossom one more time..god bless you dear..!!